Seafood Process Worker
Seafood process workers process, grade and package fish and shellfish for the local and overseas market.
What does a Seafood process worker do?
- Prepare fish or seafood for processed by opening shells or removing skin
- Cut/fillet to size requirements.
- Grade, pack, weigh the fish/shellfish.
- Maintain processing equipment.
- Carryout hygiene and quality control checks.
Skills & Knowledge
- Health & safety
- Food safety requirements
- How to sort, weigh and pack
- Operate machinery
- Basic English and Maths
- Progression opportunities are good. Move form here into supervisory/ management roles or other roles within the industry.
Between $39,000 and $86,000 per year