Salmon Hatchery Technician
Salmon Hatchery Technicians nurture, raise and care for young salmon.
What do Salmon Hatchery Technicians do at work?
- Feed the Salmon.
- Measure the Salmon.
- Monitor growth.
- Breeding fish.
- Monitor and care for the health of the fish.
- Ensure equipment is working correctly and well cared for.
- Regulating the water supply.
- Monitor amount of feed the fish are consuming.
There are no minimum NCEA requirements to enter this course.
- Sustainable Aquaculture Level 3. This course is free.
Is this the career for you? Find out more