Project managers manage the planning, resourcing, scheduling and administration of projects to deliver them on time and within budget.
What do Project Managers do?
- Lead project planning and review sessions.
- Estimate project costs and manage the budget.
- Produce and update all project documentation.
- Manage communication and relationships with clients, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Oversee the procurement, supply and allocation of project resources.
- Manage the project delivery timeline.
- Manage the project team and hire staff to work on projects.
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of project management methodology.
- Skill in developing and implementing new business processes.
- An understanding of the strategic direction, structure and issues affecting the organisation they work for.
- The ability to identify and reduce risks and issues that could affect the project and provide solutions.
- An understanding of business processes and requirements.
NCEA Level 3 and a tertiary qualification.
$65,000 - $170,000 per year