Payroll officers arrange payment of staff salaries and wages.
What do payroll officers do at work?
- calculate pay, tax, student loan and superannuation deductions for staff.
- manage the payroll system for the organisation.
- check what hours staff have worked, and what leave they have taken.
- arrange for staff to be paid correctly and on time.
- forward information to government agencies.
- keep staff records up to date.
- ensure the organisation complies with the law.
Skills and knowledge
- employment law and the tax system
- accounting, information and payment systems
There are no specific requirements, but the following are useful:
- NCEA L3 in English, Maths, Accounting, Digital technologies are useful.
- A degree in Business or Accounting
- L5 diploma in Business or Management
- On the job training is usually given
Is this the career for you? Further informationwww.nzppa.co.nz
$45,000 - $130,000