Oyster Hatchery Technician
Oyster Hatchery Technicians nurture, raise and care for oyster spat.
What do Oyster Hatchery Technicians do at work?
- Feed the spat.
- Measure the Spat.
- Monitor growth.
- Monitor and care for the health of the shellfish.
- Ensure equipment is working correctly and well cared for.
- Regulating the water supply.
- Monitor amount of feed the fish are consuming.
There are no minimum NCEA requirements to enter this course.
- Sustainable Aquaculture Level 3.
- Aquaculture - Come learn with us | Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT)