Marketing specialists develop and implement plans for promoting an organisation's goods, services and ideas.
What do Marketing Specialists do at work?
- Promote and develop an organisation's brand, goods and services.
- Create marketing plans, policies and campaigns.
- Advise on product pricing, advertising and selling and distribution channels, such as retailers.
- Add value to and develop current product
- Produce marketing content such as advertisements and blog posts.
- Run social media channels.
- Organise events.
- Collect and analyse information such as sales data.
- Arrange market research for products and services.
- Undertake market research,
- Build relationships with clients.
Skills and knowledge
- Products or services they sell, and the market for those.
- How to promote products and services.
- Copywriting and design.
- Digital marketing.
- Budgeting and finance, to help with costing the products and services.
Management or related fields
- NCEA Level 3 Maths, English, options from Business Studies, Social Studies ,Media studies, Design and Visual Communications
- Degree in Marketing / Business/ Economics/ Commerce
Is this the career for you? Find out more
$40,000 - $85,000 per year