Data Scientist, also known as Data Analysts identify and communicate trends in data using statistics and specialised software to help organisations achieve their business aims.
What do Data Scientists do?
- Find out what information clients need to make good business decisions.
- Gather or choose data for analysis.
- Ensure the data is reliable.
- Identify trends and patterns within data.
- Interpret numbers to gain business insights.
- Create written or visual reports.
Skills and knowledge
- Data analysis tools such as Excel, SQL, SAP and Oracle, SAS or R
- Data analysis, mapping and modelling techniques
- Analytical techniques such as data mining
- Web analytics techniques and tools such as Google Analytics
- How to represent data in clear visual formats such as infographics
- The business they are working for, and how data can help it become more efficient and successful.
Degree or diploma in one of the following;
- Business information systems
- Computer science
- Information management
- Maths or statistics.
$64,000 - $110,000 per year